Starting new routines can be INCREDIBLY difficult sometimes, especially when you have to alter your daily schedule to accommodate them. That’s why we’ve found 6 healthy habits than can be easily worked into your day-to-day without needing to change your diet or daily routine!
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator! This may seem like a small change, but it can add up over time. Taking the stairs can help increase your daily physical activity and burn some extra calories. (Trust us, we’ve got some stairs at GLOW 2.0 and we can all feel the burn!)
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is essential for your overall health, and it can also help you feel more alert and focused throughout the day! Keep a water bottle with you at all times and aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. If you struggle to remember to drink your water regularly, try getting a water bottle that has time “check-ins” on the side of the bottle to help you keep track!
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is crucial for your physical and mental health, so make sure you’re getting enough of it each night. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night, and establish a bedtime routine to help you wind down and prepare for sleep. Several studies have also shown that women on average need more rest than men, so try to get to bed a little earlier or sleep in a bit more whenever you can!
- Take breaks throughout the day, whether you’re sitting at a desk all day or on your feet all day, taking regular breaks can help you avoid burnout and stay focused. Take a quick walk, stretch, or do some deep breathing exercises to help refresh your mind and body. Want some easy stretches you can do to help relieve the tension in your back and joints? Check the images at the bottom of this article to see a few stretches Liz recommends for improving posture!
- Practice mindfulness. Incorporating mindfulness practices into your daily routine can help reduce stress and anxiety, and promote overall well-being. Try taking a few minutes each day to practice deep breathing, meditation, or yoga. This can be a great activity for before you go to sleep to help you wind down and fall asleep faster!
- Get outside. Spending time in nature can have numerous health benefits, including reduced stress and increased physical activity. Make it a priority to spend some time outside each day, even if it’s just a quick walk around the block. With the wonderful weather we’ve had as of late, taking a quick walk outside, or even just stepping out to get some fresh air can make a big difference on your overall mood and focus!
Incorporating healthy habits into your daily routine doesn’t have to be a major undertaking, even adding just a few of these tips into your daily life will make an impact on your overall health. Remember, even small changes can add up to big results over time!
Leave A Comment