Winter can be tough on both your skin and hair. Cold, dry air outside, and heated, dry air inside can leave your skin feeling parched and your hair looking dull. To help keep your skin and hair healthy and GLOWing during the winter months, here are some tips for winterizing your routine:
- Moisturize regularly: The key to keeping your skin hydrated is to moisturize, moisturize, and then moisturize some more! Look for a moisturizer that is formulated for your skin type and apply it immediately after showering or washing your face. If your skin is particularly dry, you may want to consider using a heavier, oil-based moisturizer.
- Lydia’s (@theegeminiglow) favorite go-to moisturizer is Dermalogica’s Smoothing Cream Moisturizer! It’s perfect for guests with dry skin that don’t like a super heavy moisturizer. It’s also available to purchase online the entire winter season through our web-store!
- Use a humidifier: Heated indoor air can be very drying, so using a humidifier can help add moisture back into the air and keep your skin and hair from drying out! Add essential oils to the water for an at home spa experience!
- Protect your skin from the cold: When you go outside, be sure to protect your skin from the cold by covering up with scarves, hats, and gloves. This will help prevent your skin from becoming dry and chapped. Carrying a travel-size lotion and lip balm can also come in handy when clothing isn’t cutting it.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment on your hair: Cold, dry air can be tough on your hair, leaving it looking dull and lifeless. To help restore moisture and shine, use a deep conditioning treatment on your hair once a week.
- Alexa’s (@curlygirlglow) favorite deep conditioner is the Wellness Premium Products Deep Hydrating Hair Mask, pick one up at your next appointment!
- OR, for a more affordable option, try Amika’s Soulfood Nourishing Mask!
- Avoid hot water: Hot water can strip your skin and hair of their natural oils, leaving them feeling dry and irritated. Try using lukewarm water instead, and avoid staying in the shower for too long.
- Follow up your shower with a good moisturizer to lock in hydration and help keep your skin hydrated throughout the day! Kristen (@slnkris) LOVES Eufora’s Aloe Therapy Soothing Body Moisturizer, not just in the winter months but all year round!
By following these tips, you can help keep your skin and hair healthy and GLOWing this winter!
Leave A Comment