Eyebrows have been a topic of discussion more and more in recent years with new trends showing up on your social media feed every day. With this wide variety of trends it’s hard to know which look is best for you, and if you’ve ever changed the look of your brows before you know just how much that can affect the overall look of your face. Here are some of the trends you may have seen on your “for you” page, and what you need to know before you pick up the tweasers!
- Skinny Brow: The skinny brow trend involves shaping your eyebrows into a thin and straight line. This trend has been around for decades, and it was made popular in the 90s by celebrities like Pamela Anderson and Christina Aguilera. However, in recent years, the skinny brow trend has made a comeback, with models and influencers sporting the look on the runway and on Instagram. Many of us traversed the skinny brow trend in its hay day and are now dealing with the repercussions. The most important thing to keep in mind is that beauty trends come and go, so if you’re interested in trying out a look like this, avoid methods of shaping your brow that remove the hair down to the follicle. Over-plucking your brows can result in the hair not growing back later.
- Bleached Brow: Bleached eyebrows involve lightening the color of your brows using bleach or a lightening kit. This trend has been around for a while, but it has gained popularity in recent years thanks to celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Lady Gaga. Bleached brows can create a striking and otherworldly look, but they require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best. It’s also important to understand that bleach alone may not be enough to achieve the look you see on celebrities. If you want that icy, white-blonde look you’ll need to tone your brows as well. Thankfully, with the help of filters, you can get a general idea of how a bleached eyebrow will look on your face without actually bleaching them first.
- Straight Brow: The straight brow trend involves shaping your eyebrows into a straight line, with little to no arch. This trend has gained popularity in recent years thanks to models like Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner, who have sported straight brows on the runway. The straight brow can create a youthful and natural look, but it’s not for everyone, as it can make the face appear more angular. For that reason, a straight brow can be a good alternative for someone looking to create a more lifted look to their face. This is another trend that may be a good idea to try out with a filter first. It’s also important to keep in mind the maintenance involved in this look. You will likely have to pluck the tail ends of your brows regularly to maintain the straight shape, and you may need to use a brow pencil to effectively taper the ends so keep this in mind if you like a more low maintenance look.
- Laminated Brow: The laminated brow trend involves using a special product to hold your eyebrows in place and create a full and fluffy look. This trend has gained popularity as it provides a way to achieve the thick, full brows that are in style right now. Laminated brows can create a bold and dramatic look, but they require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Microblading: Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo technique that involves creating tiny hair-like strokes on your eyebrows to mimic the look of real hair. This look gained popularity as it provides a way to achieve perfect brows without the need for daily maintenance. Microblading can create a natural and realistic look, but it requires a significant upfront cost and regular touch-ups. It’s also important to keep in mind the fact that although it’s semi-permanent, it’s still a tattoo and you should thoroughly research your technician before having a procedure done.
- Henna Brow: Henna brows involve using a special dye made from the henna plant to color your eyebrows. This trend is a great alternative to microblading because you can acheive a similar look when used in combination with brow laminating and it’s a much more affordable option for most people. Henna brows can create a bold and defined look, but they require a skilled technician to achieve the best results. They’re a great alternative to brow tinting as well because the henna dyes the skin under the hair and as such gives a more dramatic look.
There are many eyebrow trends to choose from, each with their own unique benefits and challenges. Just remember to do your research and choose a trend that works best for your face shape, personal style, and routine.
Leave A Comment